Saturday, January 31, 2009

Lets hear it for Zombies!

The other day in the car, the kids were suggesting that we take them to do something "fun".  We had some time, so we ask the kids what they wanted to do.  After a few items were named off, Katy says "How about zombies?".

Sara and I looked at each other, confuse and whispering "did she say zombie"?  We confirmed with each other that we had heard right.

So we ask, "Did you say 'zombie', Katy?"  Katy confirmed that is what she said.

Bemused, I ask, "Do you mean Rob Zombie?"

Katy answers,"No.  Hmm.. wait... who is that?"

Sara and I chuckly a little and I answer, "He is a musician.  You probably wouldn't like is music."

Katy replies, "No!  I wanna go to zombies"

Sensing frustration now, I tried to clarify, "Katy, we don't understand what 'zombies' means."

Katy krphrumps, "Daaaad, ZOMBIES.  You know, the place that is kinda like the Children's Museum".  

Sara and I stare at each other for a few moments, then the light bulb does off and we can't help but chuckle.  I say, "Oooooo.. you mean OMSI!"  

No comments: